My top 5 of the 50 most wanted bags of the year...gifts are
strongly encouraged welcomed!
Monday, April 30, 2012
Even though living in New York doesn't involve too much pool time in the summer, especially with internships, I can't stop thinking about these amazing high waisted bikinis. Maybe a trip to the Surf Lodge will be necessary?
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Saturday, April 28, 2012
For the Macaron Batter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup almond meal/powder
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large egg white
5 tablespoons granulated sugar
For the Chocolate Ganache filling
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 ounces bitter sweet chocolate, finely chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
For the Macaron
1) Preheat oven to 350 F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2) Blend the powdered sugar, almond powder and cocoa in a blender until there are no lumps.
3) Use a mixer to beat the egg whites until they turn white and form peaks, then begin adding the granulated sugar until the whites are very stiff.
4) Slowly fold the dry ingredients into the egg whites in 2 or 3 batches until combined and smooth.
5) Pour the mixture into a pastry bag or plastic bag with a cut tip and form 1 inch circles about 1 inch apart.
6) tap the baking sheet several times on the counter to remove any bubbles formed.
7) Bake for 15 minutes and allow to cool
For the Filling
1) Heat the cream in a small saucepan and remove from heat once small bubbles form along the edge of the pan.
2) Add the chopped chocolate, let sit for 1 minute then stir until smooth. Add the pieces of butter, stir, and allow to cool completely
3) Spread a small amount of the filling on one macaron and sandwich with another.
4) Dust with cocoa powder and enjoy!
2 cups Orecchiette pasta
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
6 fresh sage leaves, minced
salt, pepper and parmesan to taste
1) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to directions.
2) Add the butter to a large skillet over medium high heat and cook until the butter begins to brown. It should take about 5 minutes and small specs of brown will appear in the butter.
3) Remove from heat, add the sage leaves and stir.
4) Once the pasta is cooked drain and add to the the browned butter. Add salt and pepper to taste, stir to coat and cook for 2 more minutes.
5) Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!