Argentinian photographer, Irina Werning, recreates childhood photos in the most subtly awkward way
Saturday, March 31, 2012
I know, crazy but I couldn't resist making these once I spotted the recipe
1lb lean ground beef
1 1.25 ounce packet hot taco seasoning mix
hard or soft taco shells
1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
1/8 cup butter
1/8 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar
pepper to taste
garnish with green onions, sliced
1) Cook macaroni according to box instructions and set aside to cool
2) Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat. Drain off drippings and stir in taco seasoning with 3/4 cup water. Bring to boil then reduce to simmer and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3) Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes then slowly add milk while stirring until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in cheese until melted.
4) Place a little taco meat in each shell and top with mac and cheese and green onions. Enjoy!
Friday, March 30, 2012
via Jak & Jil
I know summer is fast approaching but I can't help but crave a varsity jacket for the 30 minute walk to class on those cold not-yet-spring mornings
1) Band of Outsiders No Bunk No Junk Varsity Jacket $1,620
2) Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony Varsity Jacket $575
3) Rag and Bone Varsity Jacket
4) Roots Sorority Jacket $358
5) Nike Destroyer Jacket
6) Mr. Simple Jenkins Jacket $179
watercolor by Mark Hall-Patch
buy on his Etsy
The Pamela Love SS 12 look book has arrived! The look book features Love's moroccan inspired collection on model, Behati Prinsloo, shot by photographer, Skye Parrott. Its so exciting seeing the pieces I watched evolve create such a cohesive story. The use of laser cut wood and inlaid stones is so impressive, even more so since everything is made in the US.
It was such a privilege working with the Pamela Love team during the making of this collection. I cannot wait to see Pamela continue to grow as a designer. With her vast sources of inspiration and winning runner up in the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund we can only expect greater things to come.
I would kill for these pieces
Here are some photos I took at the SS 12 NY Fashion Week Presentation
A nice moment with Pamela Love and Ana Wintour
Thursday, March 29, 2012
lineup: Claire Boucher
newest album: Visions
lineup: Jessica and Jennifer Clavin (former members of Mika Miko)
hometown: Los Angeles
label: Ooga Booga, Art Fag, Suicide Squeeze
newest album: Searching Through the Past
lineup: Dee Dee, Jules, Sandy, Malia
hometown: Los Angeles
label: SUB POP!
newest album: Only In Dreams
lineup: Frankie Rose (former member of Crystal Stilts, Vivian Girls and Dum Dum Girls)
newest album: Interstellar
lineup: Azealia Banks
label: XL Recordings
newest album: 212 FT. Lazy Jay (single)
I've had a raging girl crush on former Harper's Bazaar Russia fashion editor, Miroslava Duma for some time now. I love how her bright and playful style maintains such a feminine quality. She's absolutely one of those girls who truly loves to have fun with fashion. During NY Fashion Week, the Coveteur paid a visit to her Plaza Hotel room to give us a few lessons on storing your Louboutin's in the shower.
Pardon my drooling.
(images via The Coveteur)
Here are a few of my favorite looks